21 April 2010

Estella - 50 km from Huarte

So i had a day off in Pamplona, after some very very nice birthday celebration and the rest did the job, i´m flying again :)
I also met a German pilgrim doctor, who gave me Diclofenac for the inflammation and went to a doc in Pamplona too, so with ice, rest and Diclofenac, i got much better. The knee is still a bit sore but i can walk no problem and can sit down and stand up without help :P Young again!!
From Pamplona i went to Obanos, a lovely little quiet town and now i am in Estella (this is for those - Helena, hehe - who follow my route :)
So many lovely things happen that i´d love to write down and even more, i really would like to attach some photographs (and delete them from my camera as i think i´ve used up most of the space of 2 GB!!) and a video of the birthday.
I meet some very kind and interesting people but the landscape and the magic of the way is keeping me great company too :) I didn´t turn completely New Age but there IS something on this way that for example makes me feel very, very calm. This is important to me as anger gets the better of me way too often and i haven´t experienced several days without getting angry for a very long time. And there is of course plenty of nuisance: flies, sun, rain, i forgot my socks in the previous albergue, i keep dropping my walking stick but i don´t experience it as being negative or annoying. I hope to learn the technique of peace and use it more often :)

4 comments:

  1. How long did it take you to get there from Obanos?

    Every 'pilgrim' there seems to have a walking stick (According to google maps/street view) - so is it a "must" after all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: Enjoy Earth Day, ya big hippeh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. New age! I love it! First she cuts her hair real short, and next she is gonna grow dreadlocks!!! :)))

    Glad to hear you doing well again Agi!!! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. From Obanos to Estella about 8 hours - i left at 6 am and got there before 2 pm and stopped a million times :)
    I had a stick when i needed it but i left it by a fence this morning - i kept forgetting it and dropping it and i only had one so my right shoulder is a bit more strained, my hands are bit sore so, no, it's not a must totally :) But indeed, most people have one or two.

    ReplyDelete