28 April 2010

Castrojeriz - there is NO albergue at San Anton...

...goddammit :)
I'll get to that.
So Burgos was a nice city after the horrible start - stunning cathedral, nicely sized city, good atmosphere. The albergue was the best municipal place i have stayed in so far. The beds were separated in a way that i couldn't hear much snoring and there was space for all your stuff. At 6 am i happily took on my boots, thinking what a good place this was, pick up my bag and go to door... And can't open it! They locked it!! Apart from the obvious fire hazard, i couldn't believe they won't open the door before 7! The sun rises around then and especially on days like today, with 40 degrees, you want to start as early as possible. There was a guy sitting in the kitchen who got up at 5 am... After throwing a little tantrum in myself, i found a window, climbed out and a guy found an open gate, so we nicely left the locked albergue behind :)
Walked in the sun and heat and it turned out that i have solar batteries because i just loved the sun so much, i could walk a lot! Well, my hands are burnt badly, but no worries, i have antiseptic and will cover it tomorrow.
I wanted to stop at San Anton, there were arrows and signs but no albergue. I walked around a lot (with my bag on my back, boots on the sore feet) and couldn't find it. So i walked to Castrojeriz, only 3-4 more kms so it's amazing that a body can walk so far, even if in pain, even if the mind just blanked out :) The first accomodation was full and when i found the second one, climbed up a million stairs and asked if there is space, they said one, i broke down sobbing :) I picked up the pieces and am smiling since, so not to worry, i'm fine my dear David :)

No comments:

Post a Comment