29 April 2010

Boadilla del Camino - Day 14

I walked about 20 km today and that was absolutely enough. I'm in a great place: great looking albergue, grass !! in the garden (it was mostly paved everywhere), here's a laptop that everybody can use as much as they want to and these sort of things.
When i arrived in Boadilla, i thought i won't walk any longer; first because i didn't want to go to Fromista where most people go to today (many people walk with guide books and follow the suggested etaps and Fromista is the end of an etap) and becaues either from the heat or from bad water i drank somewhere i felt quite sick. The municipal albergue was closed in the start of the village so i had to keep walking and i arrived into this oasis where i am now. I asked if they are open (at 1 pm it's quite early), they were, so i took a shower and fell on the bed and slept about 2-3 hours straight. My body is so grateful for this short walk today and the extra rest: my swollen feet, the little stiff knees, the painful shoulder, the dizzy head, the blistered-burned hands, the toes that are about to fall off (yeah, i know, gross etc but at least it doesn't hurt). I'm still a little bit light headed but my body is better.
So i've been walking for 2 weeks, covered 350 kms and started really respect those thousands who walk the Way to the end! I thought it cannot be that difficult if so many people could do it but it actually is :) Yesterday i met a guy that i had met before and he told me that he's going back to his family (he's got a 3 months old baby) the following day and the idea floated into my head: "tomorrow it could be over". Tempting thought :) But i'm not giving up because i knew it would be hard and i still wanted to do it; i am where i want to be, doing what i want to do so why would i end it (apart from one very good reason who is not here with me). I'm nearly half way, that gives me some courage :)

1 comment: