12 May 2010

Ribadiso (EN)

I'm so sorry, i ranted my time away on the hungarian post, only 4 minutes left. I will try to edit the blog in a bit more than a week when i go back to Dublin and i will add a lot of stuff then.

I'll get to Monte do Gozo tomorrow, after that it's Santiago, unbelievably close we are!
The Camino Frances is becoming prostituted a bit and the municipal albergues are 5 euro (not 2 or 3), the pilgrim menus are between 8.5 and 10 euro so it's not as cheap as you'd expect. Nevertheless, it's still incredibly worth it :)

-----
I just got some minutes of credit, yay :)

So the thing about the Camino is that there are bad people on the way or some bad experience but all in all it's a metaphor to life and there are few simple things that make it work: every day, you know why you are getting up, you know what you are going to do; no matter how hard it is or how much it hurts, you just keep going (oh yes); you get to know of things that interest you most: yourself, your relationship to people or to certain people, people in general or the big meaning of big things :) It won't change you big time but it might give you such peace you wouldn't know where to find or it just confirm things you are unsure of. I don't like people more than i did before but i learnt to accept that there are stupid or mean people and that's just how it is. I leave them behind or try to fight.
To me, i have found out what i want to do in life and it gave me an incredible peace - i have never ever known what i'd like to do (i had too many interests instead of something i could dedicate myself to) :) I met a girl who separated from her husband and walks as long as she feels right: she has received many compliments and much care and she's been distracted a bit from what bothers her. I met a guy who missed his home and conveniences more than he wanted to walk: he was told to stop by a doctor whom he would trust and who can justify it for him. I met a guy who wishes he could keep walking: his flight was cancelled. These sort of things are what make it so cool :)

In 2 days i'll be on the way to Finisterre and i hope i'll find internet because i haven't found much info on this route so it might be helpful for others. I also hope there will be less pilgrims on the way to Finisterre because what this is now is more like a finish line to Santiago. The Camino del Norte has joined in at Melide (not a nice town although i don't know much about the albergues) and there are hundreds of pilgrims who only do the last 100 km and they have nothing but a light backpack, clean clothes and fresh joints and feet :) I have accepted them as people who decided to do only that much of the camino and actually rightly so: the route is mostly on earth paths and in incredibly fresh air, among oak woods and eucalyptus trees, beautiful and more convenient than the bloody concrete roads on the meseta (to me, the infiniteness of the scenery or the boring view was no problem, but the hard road: YES), all i have to do is be in the albergue before them so i have a place to stay but i am so much stronger than them that it's no problem to walk by them - it's natural that they may be fresh but don't have the stamina i do :)
And i think life is like the Camino in so many ways: the balance is always there, if you are losing on one side, you are gaining on the other. I may have come to an albergue that was full but i have arrived to one that's nicer and even gives me one of the best sleeps i have had in months = I may have a job that is boring and sucks my energy but it pushes me to do a bigger challange that will even provide me with what i want to do in the future :)
I hope this makes sense. Maybe when i have more time i'll elaborate on it a bit more.

(this is for only one man in the world but i have no time to send it privately in an email: I love you so much i can't wait to tell you in person :) )

2 comments:

  1. Stronger and more stamina,eh? Go on, girrrl! You show 'em! Overtake them Old Age Pensioners!


    We're going to have to go for long walks when you return, aren't we? I'll get a lead for the kitten...


    *shakes fist* Who is he?! eh?! eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no idea how i'm going to do without walking :-/ Luckily those "mountains" are close to Tallaght :)

    He? Not telling YOU!

    ReplyDelete