02 May 2014

Pilgrimage - Adam's Peak

Just had dinner, finished cramming a jumper into my tiny backpack and in half an hour I'm off to Adam's Peak with 3 other students from the house. It's a 2-3 hour drive from Kandy so the rain might even stop by then... We'll get there around midnight and start the climb - 7 kms of mostly steps (5200 steps I think) leading up to the top of Sri Lanka's second highest mountain, where Adam is rumoured to have landed after his fall from Paradise.
We'll get to the top in a few hours and wait for the sunrise there with the other pilgrims. Sri Lankans / Sinhalese people / Buddhists / not sure who but most people in SL and everybody I have spoken to has climbed this at least once in their life, some do it regularly.

I'll be back on Sunday!

1 comment:

  1. Hello Agi, friends, NSA and whoever else reads your posts! :)
    Enjoy your walk and to support you I include an old proverb from Sri Lanka: "Go where you look or look where you go" :D
    Hugggiiesss!
    H.

    ReplyDelete