15 April 2010

SJPP - Roncesvalles

I have 9 minutes left so just quickly:

First leg accomplished (the toughest one) and it was fuckin awesome!! I´m knackered but it was so worth it!! Blandine dropped me to SJPP and we found the pilgrim office, got my credencial for 2 euro and started the journey - on the wrong way first but i quickly noticed that it´s not steep enough... Went back and from there on, i knew the rule: the steepest way is the Camino. And really. Now i know what 1400 m high means...

The Camino was full of little miracles though, it kept me busy :) Sheep crossing for 8 minutes, then a dog defending his territory but i stayed *calm* and got away, horses and cows on different hilltops and apart from the birds and bells of the cows and horses it was so quiet, i often stopped just to enjoy.

I didn´t meet anyone for a while, then quite a few later. Didn´t walk with anyone though, loved walking in my own pace. Had breakfast after SJPP and that kep me going for the day (new dimensions of "ham and cheese sammich" - THIS was HAM and CHEESE, awesome).

Now i´m in the albergue, 6 euro in Roncesvalles and well, awesome :) I took a hot shower, washed my clothes and i think i´ll have an early night and an early start tomorrow. I am surprised to note that my knee is quite dodgy :(

I could say so much more but i´m tired and have 2 minutes left. Hope to upload pictures later. Love you :)

5 comments:

  1. Awesome.
    Do you have a walking stick? :)
    If the pain increases considerably: stop and rest. Pain is there for a reason. You have plenty of time; no rush ("For what cannot be cured, patience is best").

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can, get one of these knee supporters, they help a lot, and you have a long way ahead...

    Ah, get a walking stick, good idea HerrK!! Here is a modern one you could use while walking the mountains! :))

    http://algirdas.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/old-man-with-stick.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No walking sticks and my hands would freeze in the morning. From here, the terrain should be more even. I´m trying to take it easy but it´s killing me to do so :) Learning to be cool and relaxed is bloody painful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Learning to be cool and relaxed is bloody painful."
    I am sure it will be SOOOO rewarding in the end, Agi!!! :) Think of all the massochists who love pain! (Maybe Mr. D.P. is into that kind of stuff? :p...hehe)ANYWAYYY...
    They say that pain is in your head, if thats true you might be able to control it... (Says the one sitting on a sofa in Sweden the whole day hehe)

    Hugggiiess

    ReplyDelete